Wednesday 9 September 2009

Eyes & Mindz

When I agreed to be part of the project I was not very sure of what I could come up with!! We are a group of 12 different artists who know each other through our creative activities, however I always felt a bit behind because I was the last one in the queue, but in a way that was also good!!

When I got the parcel I hesitate a little bit because through the whole process I thought about giving up and quitting many times! In a way I didn’t want to let any one down and not be able to deliver so I carried on regardless.

Although music is my profession and my first LOVE I thought to do something different as I use to paint quit a lot before, I'm not good however I sold only a few of my works and the majority of the 13 artist was doing painting, photo, visual, anyway!!!

I spoke to Robin about it!! With the envelop on my desk, still closed and that was on the third day, I keep looking at it!! When I did decide to open the envelope that the previous artist provided me with all I had to work from was an A4 sheet printed with visuals of a few brains and eyes!!

Instantly I starting singing a song using the word “eyes and mind" then thinking "How many dreams we have in our heads" ( Part of a poetry I wrote a year ago!! So I put it into use).

I booked a studio in Bradford, I was there anyway finishing my latest CD!! Myself and a producer called Grant Hendenson recorded all the thoughts and ideas I had in that day and in 3 hours 10 mins the work was complete!!

Here is a list List of the instrument in the recording

Talking Drum
Pandeiro
Sweeping brush
Ganza
Printing machine
Construction spad
Jon block
Mini block
Tamborin
Reco Reco
Vocals

Let me know is there is another Pass the Parcel!!!

Claudio Kron
Drumming4Business