Thursday 8 October 2009

Helaina Sharpley 20 - 25 July




1. What were your initial thoughts when you opened the parcel?
I was initially flummoxed by Amy's piece, wondering how she had come to this conclusion, and how I was going to respond!

2. What was the main source of inspiration from the piece that you received?
I decided to concentrate on the 'floor' of Amy's piece (which looked like a swirling pool of blood!?) It wasn't the disturbing element of this I liked, but the pattern quality of it.

3. Describe your piece?
A delicate, simple, yet intricate paper piece, influenced by a recent discovery that I liked origami!

4. In business terms, what have you learned or gained from the project?
I have learnt that perhaps not everything I do has to have a 'saleable conclusion or product.' It's ok just to make something for the enjoyment.